With all of the discussion about possible Tax Credits for the installation of new energy-efficient windows and doors, it’s a good time to investigate exactly what everything is about. After all, energy efficient windows can save you thousands of dollars in heating and cooling costs throughout the years. And you’ll be comfier when you’re enjoying the convenience of your house too!
So what makes a window energy efficient anyhow?
Aren’t all windows expected to keep out the cold air, rain, ice, and heat? The response is yes and no. Baffled?
Similar to anything else, there are windows that do a minimal job and those that do a more effective, high-quality job. Those that provide the highest quality are the ones that lead to the best value for your money. When you’re buying window replacement and taking a look at window designs and options, it’s always nice to understand that you’re getting value for your money.
Energy effective windows have a few of these typical qualities and it is necessary to examine window options prior to making your choices:
- The newest energy efficient windows have 2 panes of glass and the middle is filled with an air or gas-filled space. This creates an insulation barrier and is much more reliable than the traditional single pane windows.
- Window panes are very important and ENERGY STAR certified windows even have 3 or more panes of glass– this provides a lot more energy performance and makes them fantastic sound insulators at the exact same time. The toughness and structural stability of these multi-paned windows are unparalleled.
- Low-E glass is a unique covering that reflects infrared light and assists keep the heat in and the cold out during the various seasons. However, as important, this Low-E glass covering is excellent for showing those harmful and dangerous UV rays from the sun. Not just do they secure you and your family, they secure your furniture, drapes, blinds, and other things that are frequently damaged by ultraviolet sun rays.
- Some energy effective windows have gas-filled panes that include argon, krypton, or other gases. They are safe, colorless, odor-free gases that insulate between the panes far better than air.
- Energy efficient windows also have features that make them much better because they lower heat flow and avoid condensation. No more foggy, cloudy windows.
There are numerous needs to investigate window replacement today. The new energy efficient windows are one excellent reason. The potential Tax Credit from the Stimulus Package is another incentive to move on with this project. Have a look at the offered alternatives for window styles and options and then get going with this job so you can begin enjoying your new view tomorrow!
Are you concerned that your windows are not providing the energy efficiency they should? Call us today for a complete analysis of your current windows and doors and a recommendation on how to upgrade to the new energy-saving models.
MBHS Windows, Doors & Enclosures
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577