Sunrooms are the perfect addition to every home. It offers a sunny retreat that gives comfort, relaxation and stress relief to households. In addition to this, it also effectively increases the square footage of a home, making it look bigger than average. And most often, homeowners do not have to spend a lot of money on its construction because it is not considered to be a fully finished room.
Many homeowners are considering hiring professionals to add a sun lounge in their homes. Aside from a construction company, you should also think about consulting a windows and doors professionals, like MBHS Windows, Doors & Enclosures, since the primary feature of a sun lounge is its large windows.
Your Guide To A Perfect Sunroom
To give you an idea of how the perfect sunrooms are created, below are some helpful suggestions.
- Sun lounges can serve as your second living room. All you need to do is place comfortable seating, pillows and throws inside. Seating furniture need not be expensive or even upholstered. You can choose any kind of furniture that works for your family. Do not forget to add tables and lamps to add lighting to the room. Make sure it has sufficient electrical outlets for the lighting fixtures and other electrical appliances that you want to place inside.
- Some sun lounges have multiple purposes to effectively meet the family’s needs. For example, there are sun lounges that are also used as an additional dining room, especially if the room is bigger than the dining room inside the house. This offers more space, which is beneficial if you are having guests over. Remember that sun lounges are made with high flexibility, so you can use it any way you want. Just add in the right types of furniture and decorations and you are all set.
- Adding ceiling fans and a fireplace allows you to control the temperatures in an environment-friendly way. Because most sun lounges are built without heating and air conditioning systems, you can control the temperature by adding ceiling fans and a fireplace. Use the ceiling fan during the summer and light up the fireplace if it gets chilly during the evening.
- To control the sunlight that comes inside the lounge, consider adding privacy shades. Some sun lounges have large glass windows ranging from floor to ceiling. Keep them covered with curtains and shades to limit the amount of sunlight and heat that comes inside the room during the day. This will also help you protect the furniture inside the room from fading and getting damaged by long exposure to sunlight.
- Potted plants inside sunrooms make the thin line between indoors and outdoors much thinner. This is great for households and homeowners who like the outdoors. The large glass windows allow them to see the outside without any hindrances and obstructions while the potted plants inside make them feel they are outdoors.
- For those homeowners who feel relaxed when they have instant access to the outdoors, you can transform the sun lounge into your home office. Transfer everything from your home office or study room into the lounge and you do not have to spend money on building another home office or having a professional install large glass windows in your current home office.
To learn more about adding a sun lounge to your home, call MBHS Windows, Doors & Enclosures today and inquire about their services on building sunrooms. You can also find them at Carolina Forest Home Services and Myrtle Beach Home Services.
MBHS Windows, Doors & Enclosures
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577