When choosing a door replacement, particularly sliding doors, there are many considerations. Let’s focus more on sliding doors. Typically, you would find sliding doors installed leading to the patio. It’s one good way of opening up your doors without compromising the view. There are various types of sliding doors in the market. Here are some of the most common varieties that you can find:
Patio door replacement? Here are some for you!
As you may have already guessed, there are various designs that apply to slide doors in general. When it comes to variety, sliding doors can also be made from a number of different materials. Some don’t even use glass but fiberglass and other materials. If you’re looking for a door replacement Myrtle Beach, you might want to check the right type of material that would best suit your needs and environment.
- Vinyl sliding glass doors – most of the time, the main differentiating factor between doors is the materials that are made to build them. Glass sliding doors are built with glass panes. However, the materials used on the frame may vary. As for the more economical choice, you have vinyl sliding doors. Vinyl is a durable material. It does not decay or degrade quite fast when exposed to the elements. It is also light on your budget which makes it the perfect material for a door replacement.
- Wood sliding glass doors – wooden sliding glass doors are common. Since wood has been used for building houses for a very long time, it’s only normal to see sliding glass door frames made entirely out of wood. However, it’s not just normal wood that’s being used. Most of the time, manufacturers use different species of hardwood to boost the longevity, durability, and overall quality of the doors.
- Fiberglass sliding doors – when it comes to ultra-low maintenance, you can never go wrong with fiberglass sliding doors. In general, it would take you a very long time before you would need door repair services for ones that are made from fiberglass. These types of sliding doors are highly durable. On the other hand, be prepared to spend a hefty sum on them as ones that are made from fiberglass don’t come cheap.
- Aluminum glass sliding doors – these are the ones that you would commonly see. Aluminum glass sliding doors are quite affordable without compromising style and quality. Aluminum can last for years without needing repairs. It is also highly weather resistant which makes it perfect for outdoor applications. It also gives off that stylish vibe when done right.
- Moving glass walls sliding doors – if you want to take sliding doors up a notch, a moving glass wall is for you. It provides a huge opening to your patio without any obstructions as the door can be hidden from view entirely. The conventional sliding door only slides either side. However, this type of sliding door can be moved out of the way entirely. On the other hand, it is harder to install and would only be done by experts such as MBHS Windows, Doors & Enclosures.
In need of a window or door upgrade? Call MBHS Windows, Doors & Enclosures today!
MBHS Windows, Doors & Enclosures
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577